#9 Motivation- You' ll get the push you need that has been or still is missing in your life.
#8 Consistency-paying your trainer and scheduling multiple appointments allows you to keep them
#7 Accountability-answering to someone other than yourself holds you to a higher standard of effort and achievement
#6 Structure-your workouts are part of a specific program. All components of it are designed to get you results
#5 Accurate Tracking- your progress is recorded, step by step, bringing your transformation in to perspective
#4 Injury Prevention- your trainer will critique you, guide you on your form, body, motion and give you beginning and ending points on each exercise, making your workouts safe and injury free
#3 Support-your trainer can be your foundation and you can confide to him/her to remain focused and goal oriented
#2 Ego Boosters-your number 1 fan is your trainer. He or she will see positive changes and improvements, complimenting you and encouraging all the way
#1 Ignorance-if you have absolutely no idea what to do and where to start you are an ideal candidate for hiring a fitness professional
- exercising is beneficial for everyone
- there are different forms of exercise ie; cardio, strength training, body building, weight loss
- implimenting all muscle groups is the best way to burn the most calories
- muscle does not turn into fat but fat is burned and muscle is built
- eating the foods consistent with your goals will yield more satisfying results
- having the appearance of being shredded (cut) does not neccessarily mean your in shape, you may just look good.
- getting the proper rest is important to keep a fast burning metabolism.(6-9hours)
- no matter how long or much you workout genetics play a major part in your physicality.
- exercising regularly lessons your chances of having lung disease and other health related issues
- over training can tear muscle tissue and prevent new growth.
- protein is a key nutrient for various reasons, building muscle, weight loss toning etc.....so do not overlook it.
- you should eat small meals 4-6 times throughout the day so that your body will function as efficiently as possible and your metabolism will burn like a fire.
- if you do not use proper technique during some exercises you may injure yourself so seek proper instruction if your not sure.
What to look for if you think your workout routine has come to a screeching halt!
Note: with all the variations of exercise in some cases making your workout routine fun can eliminate any awareness of exertion, outside of that these tell tale signs will let you know if your workout has run out of fuel.
- Your energy level hasn't increased much
- You don’t notice gradual physical change
- Your current routine doesn't challenge you
- You complete your workout and don't recognize any intense moments
- If weight loss is your goal and you stopped losing weight
- If you don’t have an appetite within several hours after your workout
- You’re not as excited about a particular routine as you once were
- If you complete the routine with less effort than your use too
- If you can hold a continuous phone conversation through a workout
- If you’re looking to do more socializing at the gym then exercising
Solution: If you feel your workout is now non productive you should consider revising your current workout by adding sets/reps per minute or changing the order and intensity of the exercises in your routine. If you have a trainer he or she should be able to notice these signs and they will appropriate your routine as needed.